About this course
Welcome to Infant Feeding: the Baby-led Way! We can't wait to help you feed your baby with confidence utilizing Baby-led Weaning (Feeding) and flexible, modern infant feeding practices. In this 90-minute course, you will learn everything you need to get started with infant self-feeding, whether your baby has never had food before or has been spoon feeding and wants to move onto different textures. This course includes photos of how to serve each type of food, videos of real babies eating all types of textures, info on safety, allergies, nutrition, troubleshooting, and more!
This course was designed for caregivers of infants from birth - 9+ months. We recommend taking the course before your baby starts food (around 6 months and showing readiness signs), but families with older babies who are still needing more guidance can greatly benefit from it too. If your baby is still struggling with self feeding toward the end of infancy, this course can be very helpful.
Once your baby is 10-12+ months and is approaching toddlerhood (and has been self-feeding), we recommend taking our Feeding Littles: Toddlers online course. Many of our clients will tell you that it's better to take our toddler course before or around your child's first birthday to know what to do with tricky toddler eating.
Once you buy this course, you have access to it as long we're selling it! Take it at your own pace and go back to it as often as you need to. This course is video-based and broken into steps that fit into your busy schedule. It's the same length as Megan's in-person class in Scottsdale, Arizona and can be completed in about 1.5 hours. The course also includes some amazing printable handouts like Baby's First Grocery List, Allergenic Food Checklist, a Meal Plan, and Feeding Littles BLW Cheat Sheet.
What does Infant Feeding: the Baby-led Way include?
- Readiness signs for food - these may be different than you have heard!
- How to keep baby safe while eating.
- What foods to serve, including dozens of photos.
- Serving sizes and how to present food in a way that works for your baby.
- What is gagging, and what does it look like - with videos of real babies!
- Nutrition and developing your baby's palate for a variety of foods.
- Scheduling, including a sample feeding schedule.
- How much should baby eat? What's normal, what's not?
- Troubleshooting - reflux, constipation, baby's not interested in food.
- How to handle milk feeds.
- Next steps - how to prepare for toddlerhood and set your child up for feeding success.
- Our favorite gear.
- Bonus info: teaching your baby how to sit, bring hand to mouth, use language at meals, incorporate sensory play, and the history of infant feeding in the U.S.
- Handouts: Baby's First Grocery List, Allergenic Checklist, Choking Hazards, Meal Plan, and Feeding Littles BLW Cheat Sheet!
Why Feeding Littles?
Trust the source when it comes to feeding your baby. Megan and Judy, the heart and soul behind Feeding Littles, are feeding professionals and moms who know how important it is to get accurate, realistic, and flexible guidance around feeding. Feeding should be fun, and it's not one-size-fits-all for each family! Megan, a pediatric Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, has been teaching Baby-led Weaning classes to thousands of families since 2013. Judy, a licensed Occupational Therapist with over thirty years of experience in pediatrics, specializes in feeding therapy and works with 30 children a week in their homes. They have combined their extensive education, experience, and mama know-how to create information you can actually use and put into practice today.